Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 13- Reading and Writing Business

1. What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?
I decided to read the article called "it's only violence" by Brad Bushman. While reading this article there were several things that I was already aware of, but there new bits of information. The article goes through how people today justify sex scenes in movies and notice these more frequently than the violence scenes.

2. What were the most important things you learned from the readings?
I think that the section that goes through different myths of media violence was very beneficial for parents and teachers. It talks about how the violence does increase aggressive behavior and this myth needs to be dispelled. Another thing that they talked about was how the media violence does not mirror the violence of the world. Several people believe that this is how violence in movies and on TV work, but this is incorrect.

3. How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?
I think that there are many things I will be doing in my future home for my children to help them be more protected from violence and other spiritual poison. Knowing that these thing are very available to all ages with access to the internet is scary. As A teacher I think that it would be best to make sure that all the computers have good internet blockers and make sure that there is a teacher present when students are working on the computers.

4. How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?
I think that the best way to have a positive influence on family and friends is to provide them with the knowledge of internet safety and problems. Knowledge is power. I think that some people are not aware of the current state of the internet so therefore they are not able to protect themselves and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment