Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 14- Internet Safety Assignment

For this assignment I interviewed a girl that I know from back home. She is a freshman in college and would have been considered more on the popular side of her class. I thought it would be interesting to see if she knew anything about internet safety or problems that so many children are having. The first question I asked was if she knew what cyber-bullying was, she had never heard of it before. I was amazed by this and proceeded to explain to her what it was and why it is such a big problem. She was surprisingly uninformed about the different aspects of the internet and so I tried to talk her through some main safety procedures while being on the internet. It was interesting to have this interview and learn more about the slightly younger generation and see how informed (or uniformed) they are. I think this is valuable information because it seems like the majority of adults I know, are more aware of internet safety problems and thus they are more cautious. This is important because we as teachers and parents need to try and teach the younger generations more about this topic to avoid any heart breaking tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment